Is my item worth having Appraised?
Is probably the most asked question we receive here at Antique- Appraise.com , the answer for the vast majority of antiques and collectibles is “Yes”. How to find out how much your Antiques or Collectibles are worth? We make it easy, just click here. We practically invented the Online Appraisal format in 1996 and our records show that over 88% of the Antique Appraisals we’ve completed have been for items worth more than $500.00. If your item does turn out to worth less than our fee of $24.95 we will refund your payment.
Items such as the ones pictured above were unexpected surprises for our customers. Nearly all the items we have appraised were just considered curiosities by their owners, none really had any idea of the item’s value until they contacted us.
Why should you use our service?
- We have been providing Antique Appraisals for Insurance, Estate, Tax & Probate purposes since 1959.
- Current Appraisal information for a wide range of antiques & collectible items can be hard to find, even on the internet.
- Have your appraisal emailed directly to you in 48 hours.
- Price guides already two years out of date when published and often give only a minimum of information.
- Specialized reference information regarding Antique Appraisals is expensive and often difficult to find at your local library or bookstore.
- Professional appraisers fee’s range from $75.00 to $400.00 per hour, we have a wide range of appraisal services from $24.95 U.S
How we get our appraisal information for antiques and collectibles?
- We monitor all the major Auction Houses world wide for the most up to date sales results.
- We monitor Auction sales results from several Online Auctions daily and add these results weekly to our database.
- We subscribe to all the Major & Minor Antique & Collectible trade publications.
- Our Reference library is constantly growing, some of our books about Antique collecting & restoration date to the 1820’s!
We regularly participate in Roadshow type events, shows and auctions to maintain contact with those in the trade.
What will my appraisal look like?
We use the same research methods for our Online Appraisals as we do for our regular appraisals.for Insurance, Tax or Estate purposes we follow the USPAP guidelines (Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice).Note that our appraisals are based on the images and information you send us, please read our disclaimer about Hypothetical Appraisals